- Business Bankruptcy and Workouts
- Commercial Litigation
- Certified Specialist in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy since 2009
- Member of Inaugural Class of the Next Generation at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (Tampa, FL – 2011)
- Chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the North Carolina Bar Association (2013-2014)
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star for Bankruptcy-Consumer law (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association Bankruptcy Section (Chair 2013-2014; Vice-Chair 2012-2013; CLE Chair 2009-2010; Secretary 2008-2009; Council Member 2006-2009)
- North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Davidson College, B.A. 1998
- Wake Forest University, J.D. 2001
- University of Edinburgh, Semester Abroad, Spring 1997
Civic and Charity Affiliations
- Greensboro Jaycees
- First Presbyterian Church
- Habitat for Humanity
- Youth soccer coach GYS
- Elon University School of Law – Preceptor
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author “Chapter IX: Discharge, Nondischargeable Debts & Reaffirmation” North Carolina Bankruptcy Practice Manual, Seventh Ed. (2013) Published by the North Carolina Bar Association Foundation.
- Co-Author “Chapter IX: Discharge, Nondischargeable Debts & Reaffirmation” North Carolina Bankruptcy Practice Manual, Sixth Ed. (2007) Published by the North Carolina Bar Association Foundation.
- “Middle District Case Updates” North Carolina Bankruptcy Section Newsletters (2004 – 2008).
- “Inside The Numbers: A Line By Line How To Of The Means Test (7 & 13)” Basics of Bankruptcy, North Carolina Bar Association, 2014.
- “Intersection of Family Law and Bankruptcy Law” Who you gonna call? – A Hypothetical Family Law Case – 2014 Family Law Fall Meeting, North Carolina Bar Association, 2014.
- “When the Tenant or Landlord Files Bankruptcy” Sterling Education Services, Inc., 2014,2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009.
- “Client Intake, Assessment and Preparation of Cases” Consumer Bankruptcy Primer & Practical Tips for Beginners and Others, North Carolina Bar Association, 2013 (speaker only).
- “Open Case Issues of Chapter 7 and 13” Consumer Bankruptcy Primer & Practical Tips for Beginners and Others, North Carolina Bar Association, 2013 (speaker only).
- “Domestic Relation Issues in Bankruptcy” North Carolina Annual Bankruptcy Institute, North Carolina Bar Association, 2012.
- “The Formerly Wealthy; Issues with High Debt Individuals” North Carolina Middle District Bankruptcy Seminar 2012.
- “Structuring the Chapter 13 Repayment Plan” National Business Institute, 2011.
- “Confirmation in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy” North Carolina Middle District Bankruptcy Seminar 2011.
- “Chapter 13 Confirmation Issues” North Carolina Annual Bankruptcy Institute, North Carolina Bar Association, 2010.
- “Individual Chapter 11s” North Carolina Annual Bankruptcy Institute, North Carolina Bar Association, 2008.
- Admitted in North Carolina, United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of N.C. and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- N.C. Bar Association Bankruptcy Section Council Member (2006-Present)
- From 2001 until 2003, served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ralph A. Walker and the Honorable John M. Tyson of the North Carolina Court of Appeals
- Frequent speaker at the annual Bankruptcy Institute conducted by the North Carolina Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, and at the Middle District Bankruptcy Seminar
- Teaches Business Law at Winston-Salem State University and Guilford College