Family Law Practice Group
The Higgins Benjamin firm has a long tradition of helping North Carolina clients as well as clients from across the US with family law matters in our state. We are experienced in all aspects of divorce and family law including child custody, child support, alimony, and property division. We are dedicated to delivering client-focused service in an excellent and timely manner.
These are the areas of family law where we have delivered high quality service to our clients and where we can help you:
- Equitable Distribution (dividing marital property and debt)
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Alimony and Post-separation Support
- Absolute Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreements
- Premarital Agreements
- Enforcement of Orders and Family Law Agreements
- Civil and Criminal Contempt
- Breach of Family Law Agreements
- Collection of Judgments
- Domestic Torts
- Alienation of Affection and Criminal Conversation
- Assault and Battery
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Fraud and Fraud in the Inducement
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Invasion of Privacy
We have handled cases for the prosecution and defense of complex business valuations and difficult custody disputes that simply cannot be resolved amicably. However, in some family law and divorce matters, litigation is not always necessary or desirable. Our professionals are trained in alternative dispute resolution methods and processes so we can help clients avoid costly, unnecessary litigation.
During the emotional turmoil of divorce and family law, having a skilled and trusted advisor is essential. At Higgins Benjamin, we have the focus and experience necessary to effectively and efficiently resolve even the most difficult issues, taking into account the human element along with the financial complexities. We can help you get through it, every step of the way.